WhEELS FOR WARRIORS PROJECT
Wheels For Warriors Vehicle Donation Project
Wheels For Warriors is a Nicodemus tax exempt vehicle donation program that benefits disabled veterans and first responders. Proceeds from the vehicle donation program benefit veterans and first responders by either customizing a veterans, or first responders, existing vehicle with adaptive/assistive control technology or by purchasing new vehicles and customizing them with adaptive/assistive control technology and donating to a disabled veteran or first responder.
We accept all types of cars, trucks, SUV’s, RV’s, motorcycles, and boats (with trailers), whether they are running or not. All donated vehicles must have title and be free of liens. If you can not locate the title of a vehicle you would like to donate, feel free to contact us and one of our representatives will gladly assist in procuring one. We will arrange to have the vehicle towed away at a scheduled time that is best for the donator, at no cost.
On a rare occasion, we find that some vehicles, primarily RV’s, are not cost effective. This will hinder our main goal, which is helping disabled veterans and first responders. We do our best to make the best of every vehicle donated, but reserve the right to turn down a vehicle donation for any reason.
- Structured tiny home community for transitional housing during re-integration into the civilian world—a bridge
- Occupational training programs and employment assistance appropriate for military backgrounds and/or abilities
- Practical on-the-job-training and employment with trade-specific local companies
- Support with readjustment into civilian life – starting over in society
- Positive experiences and the chance to build one’s own tiny home as new communities are launched.
- Nicodemus plans to later employ selected program alumni to build tiny homes which may be sold to provide fundraising for new endeavors and future Bridge Home communities.
Wheels For Warriors Deductions
Nicodemus Wheels For Warriors Project is a 501c3 vehicle donation program. Donators can only deduct a vehicle’s fair market value under four very specific conditions:
- When Nicodemus auctions a vehicle for $500 or less, donator can claim either fair market value or $500, whichever is less.
- When Nicodemus intends to make “significant intervening use of the vehicle.” This means Nicodemus will use the donated vehicle for work/advertising purposes.
- When Nicodemus intends to make “material improvements” to the vehicle, not just routine maintenance.
- When Nicodemus gives or sells the vehicle to a needy individual at a price significantly below fair market value.
Nicodemus handles all transfer documents, and provides donator with receipts and information for tax dedution within 15 days of receiving vehicle. Deductions are based on vehicle’s selling price, not estimate of its fair market value. Note: Price is not necessarily something donator will know when they donate the vehicle, or even before the next tax-filing time, since Nicodemus has up to 3 years to sell the vehicle.
Your vehicle donation is important to the veterans and first responders that have been injured while serving the public and this great country. Your donation helps getting these men and women back on the road. if you have a vehicle you would like to donate, or handicap equipment, please contact us and we will gladly assist you through the donation process.
Have Questions? What To Know More?
18801 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. #147
Lutz, FL 33548